Live 1:1 Training on Your iOS Device
You can now train with your favorite personal trainer through the FORME members app on an iPhone or iPad! This makes training on the go even easier.
To begin training on your iOS device:
- Make sure that you have the FORME iOS app downloaded onto your iPhone or iPad (note: currently only iOS devices are supported).
- Sign into your members account using the credentials you originally used to create your account.
- Tap the "Live 1:1" tab at the bottom of the app screen.
- Here, you'll see all Past and Upcoming scheduled sessions with your personal trainer.
- You can join your scheduled session the same way you would on your Studio by tapping Join Session within 30 minutes of your scheduled session time (note: you will be in the waiting room until your trainer officially joins the session).
Headphones and Heart Rate Monitors
You can pair any bluetooth headphone device to your iOS device the same way you would when using it to listen to music, etc. For a more seamless experience, we generally recommend pairing your device to your iPhone or iPad prior to joining the training session. Here's how to pair a bluetooth device to you iOS device, and here is how to pair your AirPods.
Currently, only Apple Watch is supported as a HRM while training on the iOS app. To set up your Apple Watch with the FORME app, see: How to setup my Apple Watch using the FORME app.
Best Practices for a seamless Live 1:1 Training session on your iOS device
- In general, if you're at home, the best Live 1:1 experience will still be on your Studio. This is because the Studio provides the most immersive training experience!
- Ensure that you have auto-updates enabled on your iOS device(s). This will help make sure that you are always running the latest version of the FORME members app and have the best Live 1:1 training experience.
- Like on the Studio, a strong WiFi connection is required for a session without interruption. You can run a speed test on your iOS device to ensure you are able to obtain 10Mbps download AND 10Mbps upload speeds.
- If you are unable to connect to WiFi for your session, cellular data at 5G is an alternative for training Live 1:1. However, generally we still strongly recommend connecting through WiFi.
- Prior to the scheduled session, find a preferred location and positioning for your iPhone or iPad that best captures your workout space. The location of the device should ideally allow for ground and standing exercises. Tripods are a great tool for positioning the mobile device at various heights.
- Make sure that your iOS device is as close to fully charged as possible prior to the start of your session. If possible, leaving it plugged in during session is preferred.
Other things to note:
- iOS 14 through 16.10 are supported at this time.
- If using an iPad, we also support Center Stage capability. Your trainer will be able to use the camera tracking toggle just like on the Studio to be able to more clearly see your form! Read more about enabling Center Stage on your iPad.
- Portrait positioning of your iPad will give you the largest and most clear view of your trainer.