I’m having trouble connecting to the internet
To determine if your Studio is successfully connected to the internet, open the Studio Settings by tapping the stacked horizontal lines on the top left corner of the screen next to the time. Then tap the WiFi button. If the Studio is connected to WiFi, under the WiFi tab, look to see whether a check mark appears next to the network name. If there is a check mark, tap the TEST button. A box should appear that says “Successfully connected to the network.”
If you cannot successfully connect to your network the following error messages may display on your Studio:
- “There was a network error. Please check your network connection and try again.”
- “Failed to get session details. Please try again later.”
- “An error occurred while removing the account. Please try again.”
- “An error occurred while registering this account. Please try again.”
- “There was an error fetching your data. Please check your network connection or try again later.”
- “No network connection detected.”
If you see any of these error messages and the Studio is not connecting to your network then some of the following scenarios may be interfering with the connection.
Poor internet connection:
You may be having trouble connecting your Studio due to poor internet connection on your network. We recommend download speeds of 50 Mbps, with a minimum requirement of 25 Mbps. Running a speed test on a laptop or mobile device near your studio can help you determine if the download speeds are within this margin. You can run a test like this from several websites including www.speedtest.net and www.fast.com.
There are several situations that could be crowding or interfering with your WiFi signal.
- Brick walls or walls with metal wire in the construction
- Large furniture, sculptures, structural elements of your environment
- Crowded WiFi
- Your connection may be poor due to multiple devices using the same network. Interference from other devices such as wireless speaker systems, neighboring wifi connections, bluetooth connected devices, and other home appliances that are WiFi connected such as TVs, printers, vacuums, refrigerators, etc. could crowd your WiFi bandwidth making connecting to your Studio difficult.
To resolve some of these issues it could be helpful to move your WiFi router closer to your Studio for the strongest connection.
Router needs to be refreshed:
If your network is not working as expected it can be helpful to refresh your router. This will clear out its memory and will potentially solve network connectivity issues. You may also need to talk to your internet service provider to make sure that you have enough bandwidth to support all the devices in your home.
Perform a proper router restart:
- First, unplug the router and the modem (if they are separate devices). If you have an integrated router/modem then just unplug this device.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the Modem back in to power it on and wait at least 60 seconds. If you have an integrated router/modem then skip to the next step.
- Plug the Router back in and wait at least 2 minutes.
- Now try to connect your Studio to Wifi and see if the problem has gone away.
If general network connection troubleshooting doesn’t solve the problem:
- Try restarting the Studio by tapping Settings, then the Restart button. Once the Studio restarts, test the network connection again.
- Check another device (smartphone, computer, etc.) to make sure that it’s able to connect to the same network without issue.
- If you’re having trouble connecting another device to the network, we recommend troubleshooting the network connection with your internet provider.
- If you have another network connection available (such as an open network), try to connect the Studio to that network. You can do this by going back into the Studio Settings, tapping on WiFi and selecting the new network name from the list of available networks.
- If you’re able to connect the Studio to that network, but not the other, we recommend troubleshooting the network connection with your internet provider.
If you are still experiencing issues, you can reach out to our Member Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: the FORME Studio does not support advanced network configurations at this time, including networks that require additional sign in steps via a browser portal, or VPN connections.